As a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, there are countless opportunities to stay involved throughout your lifetime. As an alumna, there is an opportunity to join a local alumnae chapter. With over 150 alumnae chapters throughout the United States and Canada, there are a myriad of ways that local alumnae can stay plugged in and enjoy the company of AOII sisters.
Once a member of an alumnae chapter, there are countless opportunities to make new friends, get involved in philanthropic activities, network with other AOIIs, discover new interests, support the Fraternity and community, and have fun. If there is no local alumnae chapter in an area, a member may choose to join the International Alumnae Association. The IAA allows members to stay connected through updates, newsletters, To Dragma, and an annual stewardship report.
As an alumna, you can also serve as an officer in an alumnae chapter, join the Life Loyal program, apply for international volunteer positions, or serve as an adviser for a collegiate chapter. Alumnae involvement offers avenues to stay in touch with AOII collegiate chapter activities, participate in reunions, Conventions, AOII Days and Founders' Day. For those alumnae who choose to remain active throughout their alumnae years, they continue to grow friendships and leadership skills that last a lifetime. As an alumna, the opportunities are endless and the lifetime journey is just beginning!
Alumnae Initiate Program
The Alumna Initiate Program allows AOII to share our Ritual with those women who are a large part of our lives and who exemplify what AOII is, but for one reason or another, were not presented with the opportunity to become an AOII during college. This is a great way to make a family relationship grow even stronger through the bond of sisterhood that so many have already experienced! Alpha Omicron Pi has extended alumnae membership to outstanding women for many years and has allowed many women (mothers, sisters, aunts, close friends) who have never been part of an NPC organization to join AOII. Alumnae Initiates (AIs) have been able to not only support alumnae chapters but also help the growth of collegiate chapters by becoming advisers and volunteers.
AOII Alumnae Initiates are:
- Female friends and relatives of an AOII
- Mothers, Grandmothers, or other relatives who want to offer their support to the collegiate chapter
- Former colony members and other past collegians who were pledged into an AOII collegiate chapter, but were not initiated
- Women who are interested in mentoring and working with young women
- Faculty Advisers, campus leaders and University mentors
- College graduates who show outstanding volunteer involvement
- Notable women from the local community
Qualifications for Alumnae Initiates:
- Candidates must have completed one academic year at an accredited college or university - this requirement can be waived by unanimous vote of the International Executive Board, upon recommendation of a Network Director
- One time fees – covering initiation and badge costs
- All Alumna Initiate candidates must have a sponsor who they know personally and who lives locally.
- Candidates may not be members of another National Panhellenic Conference Organization, nor eligible to be an undergraduate collegiate member
Begin the Process of Sponsoring an Alumna Initiate:
Contact Sherry Dutton, Director of Lifetime Engagement, at AOII Headquarters at 615.370.0920 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. This officially begins the alumna initiate application process.